MENALIB: The Middle East Virtual Library
Since the beginning of 2016 the University and state Library Saxon-Anhalt is running the DFG Specialized Information Service (SIS) Middle East-, North Africa- and Islamic Studies. The SIS succeeds the Special Subject Collection Middle east incl. North Africa which had been in Halle from 1998 until 2015.
, the Virtual Library of the SIS will be enhanced during the next three years into a modern recording, communication and research tool for Middle East and Islamic studies.
MENALIB continuously leads to and informs about:
- Information about ongoing projects, conferences, digital humanities projects in relation to the Middle East and Islamic studies
- Access to catalogues with rich collections in the fields of Oriental studies
- Specialised tutorials and assistance for using our rich collections
- New Acquisitions in the fields of Islamic and Area Studies as well as MENA Linguistics
- Through its repository MENAdoc access to Open Access Publications
- MENAdoc Open Access Self-Publishing
MENALIB furthermore aims at becoming a place for a exchange of
scholarly information about Islamic and Middle East studies and pursues a
policy of close cooperation with academic institutes and scientific
societies in Germany and abroad.